LAVAL, CANADA–(Marketwired – Oct. 8, 2015) – Typhon Exploration Inc. (“Typhoon”) (TSX VENTURE:TYP) is pleased to announce that it has begun exploration work on its Monexco property (100%-owned), located in Chibougamau.
This exploration program will include prospecting, sampling and channel sampling.
Located NE of Chibougamau, in the heart of the Plan Nord territory, this property has returned several significant results, associated with quartz-carbonate-tourmaline veins and veinlets most often hosted in quartz-feldspar porphyry dykes (QFP).
- In 2007, at the eastern extremity of the #1 stripped outcrop area, the bulk sample carried a grade of 125 g/t gold or 3.7 ounces/ton gold (see press release dated June 12, 2007). In addition, the channel sampling of the VG gold zone reported coarse and angular fragments of native gold with a grade of 40.0 g/t Au over 1.0 meter. Other sampled areas returned values of 12.49 g/t Au over 1.0 metre and 8.47 g/t Au over 1.0 meter. (see press release dated March 11, 2008)
- In 2008, a prospecting and mapping campaign revealed the possibility of extending the gold corridor with several significant gold values in selected samples. The best analysis results were 29.9 g/t, 13.8 g/t, 12.1 g/t, 38.2 g/t and 32.7 g/t gold. (see press release dated December 3, 2008)
The exploration work on the Sommet and Ranger properties has been completed, for now. Results should be compiled and analyzed.
ABOUT TYPHOON EXPLORATION INC.
– Typhoon Exploration Inc. only has 32,506,791 shares outstanding.
– Typhoon Exploration Inc. has more than $1.7M in cash and carries no debts.
– The Fayolle property provides significant potential for gold resources.
Mr. Daniel Gaudreault, ing., (OIQ), of Géologica Groupe-Conseil Inc., is the Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101,
to supervise the preparation of the technical aspect of this press release.
The common shares of Typhoon Exploration Inc. are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “TYP”.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.