TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Sept. 23, 2015) – Purepoint Uranium Group Inc. (“Purepoint“) (TSX VENTURE:PTU) reported today that it has completed three additional NI 43-101 compliant technical reports on its 100% owned McArthur East, Henday and Umfreville projects in the eastern region of Saskatchewan’s Athabasca Basin.
“Over the last few years we have continued to refine our understanding of these valuable projects.” said Scott Frostad, Vice President Exploration for Purepoint. “The exploration targets we’ve outlined to date hold direct geological relationships with the McArthur River and Roughrider deposits and we are anxious to advance them to the next stage of exploration.”
- McArthur East is on trend (northeast) of Cameco’s McArthur River project and is situated due south of the Cigar Lake Mine.
- Recent airborne surveys at McArthur East have provided new, clearly defined, electromagnetic conductors associated with an area of low magnetic response. These prospective conductors, coupled with interpreted N-NE trending faults, are an ideal target for high-grade uranium mineralization.
- On the Henday Block, Purepoint has identified structurally complex electromagnetic conductors on trend with the interpreted E-W alteration corridor hosting neighbouring Denison’s J-Zone and Rio Tinto’s Roughrider Deposit.
- Originally covering 60,000 hectares, the Umfreville Project has been refined to the most prospective target areas using results from airborne gravity, magnetic and electromagnetic surveys.
- Utilizing CAMIRO techniques (a three year research study utilizing field samples collected from areas overlying the McClean Lake, Cigar Lake West and Dawn Lake uranium deposits), strong uranium anomalies have been identified at Umfreville that are coincident with gravity and magnetic lows.
Purepoint Uranium Group Inc. is focused on the precision exploration of its seven projects in the Canadian Athabasca Basin. Purepoint proudly maintains project ventures in the Basin with two of the largest uranium producers in the world, Cameco Corp. and AREVA Resources Canada Inc. Established in the Athabasca Basin well before the initial resurgence in uranium earlier last decade, Purepoint is actively advancing a large portfolio of multiple drill targets in the world’s richest uranium region.
Scott Frostad BSc, MASc, PGeo, Purepoint’s Vice President Exploration, is the Qualified Person responsible for the technical content of this release. Mr. Frostad has supervised the preparation of, and approved the scientific and technical disclosures in this news release.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
President & CEO