PERTH, AUSTRALIA–(Marketwired – Sep 10, 2015) – Centamin plc (LSE: CEY) (TSX: CEE)
Centamin plc (“Centamin” or “the Company”)
Centamin is pleased to provide an update to its Mineral Resource and Mineral Reserve estimates for the Sukari Gold Mine, as at 30 June 2015, as outlined below.
- Total Measured and Indicated Mineral Resource estimate of 13 million ounces (Moz) gold, is reported as an open pit resource at a 0.3g/t cut-off grade. This total is inclusive of the 1.0 Moz underground resource.
- Total combined open pit and underground Mineral Reserve estimate of 8.8 Moz, which is an increase of 7% from the previous 8.2 Moz at 30 September 2013. The increase is due to lower operating mining and processing costs associated with lower international fuel prices, and continued drilling from underground to move ounces up through the resource categories and increase the underground reserve.
- Open pit and surface stockpile reserve estimate of 8.3 Moz.
- Underground reserve estimate of 2.7 million tonnes (Mt) containing 0.5 Moz.
- Resource and reserve definition continues in parallel with expanding underground infrastructure, targeting higher grade areas.
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view the associated PDF document.